England & Company provides a full suite of investment banking advice to companies, boards, shareholders, creditors, and other stakeholders who are dealing with situations that are complex and find themselves in some level of financial stress or distress. We strive to structure consensual deals that are in the best interests of our clients and have the experience to optimize the negotiation for our clients. We have a strong track record not only for successfully negotiating transactions in complex situations but also working tirelessly to implement creative ideas which, when coupled with the right capital source, allowed our clients to achieve results that defied market expectations.
We deliver senior level attention and independent advice to assist our clients in addressing their problems in a challenging and time-sensitive environment. In nearly every assignment, we partner our restructuring professionals with our industry experts to provide the most comprehensive and relevant advice to our clients – merging the focused advice of a restructuring boutique with the industry and capital markets expertise found within much larger institutions. England & Company provides restructuring advisory services to issuers, creditors, and committees of financially distressed companies both inside and outside of formal bankruptcy proceedings.
Debtor / Issuer Advisory
We recognize that every situation is unique and conventional solutions are not always best suited for our clients. We assist debtors with fully exploring their options and selecting attributes of various strategic alternatives that can be packaged together into a single compelling solution.
These solutions may include:
- Renegotiating credit facilities / covenant waivers / amendments
- Exchange offers, consent solicitations, and other liability management strategies
- Raising capital (bank and 2nd lien facilities, rescue financings,
private equity, and strategic investments)
- Divestitures of non-core assets
- Out-of-court restructurings
- Pre-packaged bankruptcies
- Chapter 11 reorganizations
- DIP and exit financings
- Asset sales, in a Section 363 or foreclosure context, and other “stressed” sales transactions
- Fairness and solvency opinions
- Provide in-court and other testimony as required on behalf of our clients in Chapter 11 or other legal proceedings requiring such testimony
Our objective is to help creditors maximize their returns from distressed corporate situations and to work with other constituents to achieve that return in a timely manner. When working with committees, we understand that creditors may value the form of consideration and other terms of a restructuring proposal differently, and we work with our clients to optimize returns based on their desired outcome.
- Assessment of restructuring alternatives
- Liability management inquiries
- Credit-bid & foreclosure strategies
- Detailed business plan review
- Cash conservation analysis
- Short-term cash flow projection review